Philadelphia, Pa: Collins Printer, 1863. 1st Edition. duodecimo. Very Good. Item #15765
A lovely volume on the history of a Southern Delaware congregation and church published as the Civil War was at its apex.
Frontis engravings of the chapel as it was in 1780 and also the Mt. Pleasant Church in 1863, the presumable replacement for the original chapel.
Brown cloth with titling stamped in gilt. 48pp. Square tight binding. Clean interior, save for contemporary ownership name in pencil, presumably a Civil War officer - 'Mr Major K. Lewis Town Point, Md.'
A rare volume and a desirable piece of Eastern Shore religious history!